• Data Window has been added. Data Window will show price values, indicator values, and strategy-generated orders for a selected bar (and the respective bars in other subcharts). The window can be snapped to the main MultiCharts window.
• The Hint window now shows orders generated by a strategy on a bar. If an order reversing a position has been generated on a bar, the order closing the previous position is displayed as well.
• The Bar Count string for the Trendline drawing has been added in the Hint window.
• Strategy order linking has been added. Exit orders can be connected to all the entry orders they close. The linking line color will show whether the trade has been profitable or losing.
• Multiple custom session settings can be now used simultaneously for a selected symbol. These sessions can be selected directly from the Format Symbol dialogue; adding/editing templates is performed in QuoteManager.
• The ‘Reload Days Back’ feature has been added. A reload can now go back 1, 2, 3 days back, 1, 2 weeks back and 1 month back.
• Trading Technologies is now supported as a data feed.
• Patsystems is now supported as a data feed.
• Workspaces using data from IQFeed are now loaded four times faster.
• BarChart has been added as a supported data feed.
• Symbol dictionary has been added to streamline the process of adding symbols and setting their parameters. Symbol dictionary has eliminated the problem of manually setting a symbol’s description, price scale, min. movement, big point value, and session settings.
• Symbol lists can now be imported into QuoteManager. QuoteManager supports import of symbol lists from ASCII (.asc, .csv, .txt) files.
• Information on the market position can now be received directly from a broker.
• The type of the AverageFC function has been changed to the ‘Series Function’.
Backtesting and Optimization
• Walk-forward optimization has been added.
• High-precision backtesting has been added.
• Trading Technologies is now supported as a broker.
• Patsystems is now supported as a broker.
• Toolbars have been made customizable. Shortcuts for each toolbar can be either enabled or disabled.
• Toolbar separators can be now toggled on and off.
• All pop-up message windows are now equal in width.
• The visibility of detached windows has been improved. All detached windows from all workspaces can be made simultaneously visible.
1. Symbol descriptions are not displayed properly in the symbol list within the Format Symbol dialogue when MultiCharts is used on Chinese operation systems.
2. When a large number of ticks is plotted, charts stop responding.
3. Modified session settings for an ASCII mapped daily chart do not change until MultiCharts and QuoteManager have been restarted.
4. Script driven drawings sometimes produce deadlocks.
1. Reloading a chart plotted with data from InteractiveBrokers sometimes does not result in re-requesting data from the broker’s servers.
2. Receiving data into a chart or a scanner window from Zen-Fire at market’s opening results in high CPU consumption.
3. When opening a workspace with charts plotting MetaStock data with ‘Automatic’ selected for the resolution in QuoteManager -> Tools -> Data Sources -> MetaStock -> Settings, the charts will only show data if settings are first changed in the Format Symbol dialogue.
4. Hourly bars cannot be plotted using 60 minute MetaStock files.
5. Fractional prices from PatSystems are now supported.
6. OpenECry doesn't work with the new sim server.
7. Zenfire and Rithmic listen to market depth instead of best bid/best ask.
8. Interactive Brokers: symbols of the SFB exchange don't work.
1. Time Zone selected incorrectly when using Custom Session Templates.
2. ASCII-mapped symbols are not always shown in QuoteManager after data files have been mapped.
3. Price scale, min. movement and big point value for the IB’s ZS symbol are determined incorrectly.
1. Studies will not compile on localized operation systems that use hieroglyphs and a login in the OS’s language.
2. Exits using the ‘Total’ keyword do not work correctly.
3. Problems executing orders between bars (after the previous bar’s close and before the next bar’s open) in the Intra-Bar Order Generation mode.
4. Entryprice = Entryprice(1) after a position has been closed.
5. The Array_Copy function does not work correctly.
6. When importing ShowMe studies from TS 8.6, a password is required to open those studies.
7. When importing password-protected studies from TS2000i, lower-case passwords are not recognized.
Backtesting and Optimization
1. Memory leaks during optimization if the optimized strategy plots drawings.
2. Problems when exporting Portfolio Performance Report.
3. Commission specified for Strategy 1 is applied to other strategies as well.
4. Portfolio crashes if a signal applied to the portfolio is modified and recompiled after backtesting.
5. Under certain conditions, Max Portfolio Close to Close Drawdown in Portfolio Report does not match values on the Equity Curve with Close to Close Drawdown graph.
6. When different resolutions are mixed, Max Intraday Drawdown in Portfolio Optimization Report does not match Max Portfolio Drawdown.
7. The ‘Study is missing data’ message is shown when one of the strategies references information symbols even if the remaining strategies do not reference them.
8. Optimization: Custom Fitness Function causes deadlock on multi-core PC with IE v 8.0.
9. Incorrect BarStatus when IOG and Extended backtesting is on and Bid or Ask series are coincide with the basis one.
1. Orders are sent to TWS with a wrong price because MinMove is incorrectly determined when using Price Scale = As is.
2. Order execution through FXCM does not work due to the changes in FXCM’s interface.
1. Program crashes on close.
2. The PowerLanguage Editor keeps the minimized status on restart.
3. Chart and scanner windows are not saved as maximized windows on workspace re-opening.
4. The Strategy Properties dialogue window does not fit into the screen.
5. Signals plotting numerous drawings take a long time to be switched off or deleted.
6. Wrong indicator plots overlaying.
7. Decision Bar add-ons cannot be used.
8. The status line shows ‘Strategy Calculating’ when no studies are being calculated.
9. Hot keys do not work properly with the ‘Recent Workspaces’ option.
10. The Up and Down arrows do not work in the Sorting Settings dialogue in Scanner.
11. The Format Symbol dialogue can be closed without selecting a symbol; as a result a chart can be plotted for a symbol that has not been added into the database.
12. SetExitOnClose does not work on resolutions higher than 14400 seconds, 240 minutes, and 4 hours.
13. Long Backfilling waiting time.
14. GUI: When Insert Study into the scanner - the study list is sorted differently in a scanner than in the PLEditor, or in a chart.